Your gateway to cycling freedom!
With the CUBE Travel, you can buy the adventure with the bike. CUBE have given their master of versatility a lightweight, comfortable frame based around 29er wheels, whilst keeping everything that made earlier versions of this touring bike so popular. For 2018, they have even added a neatly integrated luggage carrier for neater looks and more secure load carrying. The result? It'll probably surprise you. It'll make the trip to the coffee shop more fun and allow you to take on more adventurous long rides at the weekend. Comfort and safety were near the top of the list when CUBE developed this bike and, in order to maximize the fun factor, they built in plenty of frame clearance to handle extra wide tires. The Travel is your gateway to cycling freedom...
CUBE used a compact geometry for this light, stiff aluminum frame, selecting double butted tubes for their weight saving and superb strength. The result is a lively and efficient ride position that'll translate your pedalling into almost effortless forward progress. State of the art technology includes a tapered head tube for improved steering precision, and CUBE used their Smooth Welding process throughout for a clean, organic look to the frame tubes. New for 2018, they have incorporated their semi-integrated luggage carrier. It complements the Travel's clean leans and provides super stable load carrying ability for whatever you need to bring along with you. CUBE have not forgotten the details, either - you'll find an CUBE kickstand and a complete set of bottle cage bosses. And, of course, the Travel has passed all their stringent safety tests.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labeling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.