The perfect setup for any adventure on the road!
The Attain SL Disc proves that hydraulic disc brakes belong on a race bike. Its braking performance - assured, and with the minimum of effort - matches both its cornering ability on narrow, tight turns and its climbing prowess on steep mountain passes. And, as you'd expect from a bike in the Attain series, the ergonomically balanced and comfortable ride position is the perfect setup for any adventure on the road.
CUBE´s engineers dug deep into their bag of tricks for this frame. To improve its rigidity, they treated it to X12 thru axle front and rear. Both the frame and the Cube CSL carbon fork have been specifically developed to work with disc brakes. For the frame material, CUBE chose their formidable Superlite aluminium tubeset, joined with their Smooth Welding process and featuring internal cable routing for clean looks and minimal maintenance. The Flip Flop adaptor means that either 140 mm or 160 mm discs can be used on the front wheel. And for winter training, there's even the option of mounting mudguards to keep the spray off.
The Attain SL Disc features a whole range of technical highlights. Shimano's proven 105 groupset delivers the shifting performance you've come to expect in 2x11-speed format. The compact chainset with 50-34 chainrings drives a cassette with 11 to 32 teeth for an unmatched gear range, while Shimano's BR-RS505 disc brakes with 160 mm rotors front and rear bring it all to a halt, whatever the road conditions. CUBE opted for the superb Mavic Aksium Disc wheelset, and shod it with Continental's grippy Grand Sport Race SL tires.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.