Ultralight and very resistant Bike!
Why change a winning formula? CUBE´s Stereo 140 C:62 SL 29 takes the established reputation of their All Mountain 29er fully bikes and steps it up a notch. With the best currently available full carbon chassis, optimised geometry and innovative components, the Stereo C:62 140 is another milestone in the history of CUBE full suspension trail bikes. It's a machine on which you can really let rip
This bike features an ultra-light, stiff and extremely robust state-of-the-art full carbon chassis built with CUBE´s advanced Twin Mold Monocoque technique, and the exceptional Efficient Trail Control (ETC) suspension dynamics with 140 mm travel. The CUBE engineers seated every detail to make this extraordinary 29er even better than its predecessors. So, for example, they improved the Agile Ride Geometry by adding a longer top tube and even more standover clearance. And Boost dropouts at both front and rear improve wheel tracking for better cornering, even on the roughest trails.
CUBE needed components capable of matching the exceptional qualities of the frame. CUBE began with a Fox 34 Float Performance fork with Boost 110 axle, for the ultimate in controllable suspension and steering precision. Next, they added a matching Float DPS Performance EVOL rear shock, for unmatched small bump response and big bump control. A wide, comfy CUBE carbon handlebar and powerful Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes maximize control, no matter how tricky things get. Lightweight and tough CSW AM 3.9 wheels roll on tubeless ready Nobby Nic tyres for the maximum possible grip. And, of course, it's all topped off with Shimano's peerless XT 2x11 transmission, delivering silky smooth shifts via a 29er-specific 34x24 teeth chainring setup.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.