Perfect speed machine!
The Reaction represents something significant: it's CUBE's own Formula 1 class of mountain bikes. It's light, stiff, responsive and built for one purpose only: to go as fast as possible off-road. To that end, they gave it a complete makeover for 2018. Featuring fast-rolling 29er wheels, CUBE's new Reaction frame makes use of their C:62 carbon and is even lighter, even stiffer and even more responsive than the one it replaces. No, they didn't think that was possible, either, but try telling that to CUBE's perfectionist design team. With a smooth air sprung fork, wheels built in-house by CUBE and a slick, reliable Shimano SLX and XT 2x11-speed transmission, there's only one component missing from the Reaction: you.
Improving on something that's already so good is no mean feat, but that's exactly what CUBE's engineers have managed. The 2018 Reaction frame now features their C:62 carbon, but that's not the only change they have made. A shorter rear end combined with a Boost thru axle means that power transfer, steering and overall responsiveness are even better than before - and, of course, it's all built around CUBE's Agile Ride Geometry (ARG) for best-in-class handling. They haven't forgotten comfort, though - the slender 27,2 mm seatpost and slim seatstays work together to help take the sting out of the trail, so you can go harder for longer. Internal cable routing maintains the frame's sleek looks as well as clean gear shifting, and CUBE made sure that an upgrade to a Stealth dropper post is easy. With a PressFit bottom bracket and integrated headset, the entire chassis is lighter than ever, too. The perfect speed machine? Quite possibly.
- C:62 Carbon Fiber Technology - Frames that bear the C:62 logo, feature highly innovative developments from CUBE's HPC technology. Through ongoing optimization of the Advanced Twin Mold manufacturing process in which the overlaps of the layups were reduced, along with the development of carbon fiber technology, they created an extremely rigid lightweight frame with a 62% fiber content.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE's series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5".
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.