Lightweight and comfortable touring bike!
What d'you need in an adventure touring bike? CUBE made a list and built the Kathmandu SL around it: light, stiff, strong, versatile, reliable... and, above all, comfortable. The newly redesigned IC luggage carrier combines with CUBE's aluminium Superlite double butted frame to make a formidable load-carrying companion for any adventure, big or small. Decked out with Shimano's ultra-reliable XT transmission for a wide range of slick-shifting gears - plus matching hydraulic disc brakes for fast, safe stopping on any road - it's all you need to broaden your horizons. With a RockShox fork to smooth out the roughest of roads and a Selle Royal saddle for day-long comfort, it's CUBE's ultimate bike-for-all-reasons.
When curiosity takes you further afield you need a frame that's up to the task. The CUBE Kathmandu SL combines stability, strength and comfort thanks to a double butted frame that removes weight from areas where it's safe to do so, and adds material where it's needed for safety. Internally routed cables keep your gear shifts silky smooth for longer, reducing maintenance and contributing to the frame's sleek looks. Speaking of which, CUBE completely redesigned their famous IC luggage carrier for 2018, integrating its structure even more seamlessly into the frame and improving its function, versatility and ease of use at the same time. There is no lighter, stiffer or stronger luggage rack, period.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry - With CUBE´s specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way with the CUBE travel series geometry.
- Integrated Modular Carrier - The Integrated Multi Carrier is a complete new development by CUBE. The bicycle rack becomes an integral part of the frame, adding to the rigidity of the chassis. Through a specially designed modular construction, the rack is expandable in many ways. Bags, carrying systems and boxes can be mounted easily and safely for secure, convenient load carrying.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labeling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.