Comfort, performance and agility!
The Attain Race Disc combines all the proven attributes of CUBE´s popular Attain Race - comfort, performance and agility - with the added stopping power of disc brakes. The smooth, light and powerful brake system actually means you can go faster, by braking later into corners. It also adds a reassuring dose of all-weather reliability for race or training rides, allowing you to concentrate on your performance without worrying about wet roads. And, of course, the Attain Race Disc also has the lively handling and balanced geometry that you'd expect from Cube.
The Attain Race Disc shares its Superlite aluminium frame - built using the Smooth Welding manufacturing process - with its rim brake stablemate, but CUBE have modified it to work brilliantly with discs. The rear end's clean looks are matched by its ability to absorb road shock and vibration without sacrificing transmission efficiency. And the carbon fork - which, like the frame, will accept tires up to 28 mm - also features a specially designed mount for the front disc caliper. A tapered headtube, PressFit bottom bracket and a specially shaped, oversized downtube all help ensure every single pedal stroke counts. And the clean looks afforded by disc brakes have been enhanced by taking the trouble to route cables internally, reducing abrasion and increasing service life at the same time.
That Attain Race Disc features Shimano's versatile, all-round 2x10-speed Tiagra group, complete with 160 mm discs front and rear for smooth, assured stopping in any weather conditions. An 11-34 tooth cassette and compact crank with 50 and 34 tooth chainrings gives a gear range that'll easily tackle both the steepest climbs and the fastest descents. Disc brakes demand special attention to wheels, which is why CUBE´s engineers selected Fulcrum's Racing 77 Disc wheelset and fitted them with super-grippy Continental Ultra Sport 2 tires - superb acceleration and stopping, on any road surface.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.