Aesthetic and functional masterpiece!
This high performance race bike combines the comfort and performance of a high tech carbon frame with the latest brake technology. Genuine long-distance ability, superb efficiency and unbelievable comfort are all in the Attain GTC Pro Disc's genes.
Optimizing a frame for disc brakes is both art and science - and as part of the process CUBE chose an X12 axle system both front and rear to improve rigidity. The forces involved also necessitate a specially designed fork which, together with the Attain GTC Pro Disc's tapered headtube, creates an enormously stiff structure without sacrificing comfort. This way, the rider benefits from a smooth ride and precise steering on even the longest descents. Internally routed cables give this race machine a clean appearance - a true Gran Turismo. Full mudguards are an easy addition, if the need arises - an option that CUBE have included because they know that even hardened racers like to stay dry on long training rides in poor weather.
Shimano's benchmark 105 groupset features a wide-ranging 2x11 gear setup. The compact chainset, with its 50 and 34 tooth chainrings, is exactly what's needed on a race bike geared for performance. The cassette ranges from 11-32 teeth, giving the Attain GTC Pro Disc incredible climbing performance on even the steepest grades and a high enough gear to keep pedalling on the fastest descent. For scrubbing off speed, Shimano's superb BR-RS505 hydraulic disc brakes work reliably even in wet conditions. This race machine rolls on Fulcrum Racing 77 Disc wheels shod with Continental Grand Sport Race SL tires.
- Gran Turismo Composite - In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. CUBE use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most ?the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. CUBE´s special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN - Plus testing.
- Twin Mold Technology - The Twin Mold technique uses re-usable cores during the lay-up process to ensure precision frame moulding. Special inserts guarantee optimum ply orientation during the production process to add extra strength at frame points subject to higher loads. This improves the safety of the product and delivers outstanding stiffness characteristics.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Adaptable X12 Hanger - CUBE optimized their new dropout design based on the Syntace X12 through-axle system, enlarging the area of the frame where the hanger is mounted. CUBE can now fit the longer Direct Mount hangers. Shifting precision and stiffness is therefore improved. With the new design it's also possible to swap the whole contact area of the axle with the hanger should the system be worn out.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.