The ideal bike for first trail adventures!
Fat-tired adventures start with a bike that you can rely on; a companion that'll be with you over every pebble, rock and root.
CUBE built the Aim with this in mind, using their expertise in aluminium frame building to create a bike with a comfortable ride and intuitive, safe handling. Then they added a reliable set of components including a comfortable Suntour suspension fork and, new for 2018, powerful mechanical disc brakes. The result is a bike that'll inspire you to explore, wherever the trail leads. And with CUBE's Size Split system, there's a frame size to suit every rider.
Safe, predictable handling is the backbone of any bike. That's why CUBE started with their renowned compact Agile Ride Geometry, for a perfect blend of lively handling and a relaxed, comfortable ride position. To make sure that all your effort is translated into forward progress, CUBE added a cross-ovalised down tube for extra stiffness, made from 6061 aluminium using their Advanced Mechanical Forming Process. It's one of many features that makes the Aim frame light, but exceptionally strong. And to really show off the frame's looks - and keep it looking good for many years to come - CUBE finished off with several layers of paint in their simple but bold colour scheme.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5".
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.