Unmatched speed, power and control.!
If you're looking for the ultimate in lightweight, race-bred hardtails, your search is over. With a completely reworked frame for 2018 and components centered around SRAM's genre-busting Eagle 1x12-speed transmission, the CUBE Reaction C:62 Eagle is the bike that's capable of taking your fight right to the top of the podium. Premium C:62 carbon, refined frame details and revised geometry work in harmony with SRAM's precise, powerful transmission and brakes, a RockShox Reba RL fork and the all new NEWMEN evolution SL A.25 wheelset to deliver blistering performance, race after race. The result? Unmatched speed, power and control. Let's race...
As tempting as it is to leave something that's already really, really good alone, that's not the way they do things at CUBE. Which is why the 2018 Reaction C:62 Eagle got a completely new frame, starting with CUBE's premium C:62 carbon and a reworked, Boost through axle-equipped rear end that's softer and stiffer than before. Combined with a PressFit bottom bracket, integrated headset and revised Agile Ride Geometry (ARG), the result is an even lighter frame with sharp handling and superb stiffness. CUBE didn't forget comfort, though - a 27.2 mm seatpost and slim seatstays work together to help filter out trail vibrations, making even longer races and rides a pleasure rather than a pain. Internal cable routing keeps gear shifting precise even in the worst riding conditions, and there's provision for a future upgrade to a dropper post as well. CUBE tried to think of everything, so that you can concentrate on giving your competition a hard time out on the race course.
- C:62 Carbon Fiber Technology - Frames that bear the C:62 logo, feature highly innovative developments from CUBE's HPC technology. Through ongoing optimization of the Advanced Twin Mold manufacturing process in which the overlaps of the layups were reduced, along with the development of carbon fiber technology, they created an extremely rigid lightweight frame with a 62% fiber content.
- Advanced Twin Mold - This technique uses a complete core to provide the perfect frame form during the lay-up process. As with the Twin Mold technology, precise inserts are used to ensure extra strength at high-stress frame points. This combination offers maximum control over fibre orientations during the lay-up and production process. The Advanced Twin Mold high-tech carbon manufacturing process translates to outstanding product safety and quality together with optimum weight and stiffness characteristics.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE's series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5".
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.